Welcome to Thorney
The village of Thorney is situated on the A47 between Peterborough and Wisbech.
Thorney is rich in history and traces its roots back to around 500AD when it started out as a Saxon settlement. Since then the Abbey was built and was an important ecclesiastical centre for a long period of time.
Today, Thorney consists of approximately 1000 residential houses with a whole range of shops, amenities, light industry and attractions.
This website has been established by Thorney Parish Council and is intended to serve as a point of information for the many, many aspects that give the village its character and its residents their ways of life.